How to Create Your Ecommerce Store With Magento
Magento has always been a favourite amongst the serious ecommerce entrepreneurs. Especially, when it comes to finding the most reliable and scalable ecommerce platform. Magento is the leading ecommerce platform for the Alexa top 1 million sites. This is because it is robust and scalable and is actively enhanced by a community of developers. They are very focused on making it an enterprise grade ecommerce platform. It has been a boon for SMEs who have now a cost effective way to overcome the ecommerce technology hurdle.
Magento’s popularity is attributed to the following key factors:
- Magento is a reliable, secure software platform and scalable. It can be used by SMB’s as well as enterprises.
- It is also highly customizable and can be moulded as per your requirements.
- You have freedom to chose your hosting environment (self hosted, magento hosted).
- Can be easily integrated with other enterprise systems with extensions
- SEO friendly compared to some of the other ecommerce platforms
- Optimized for speed and performance
- It has an active developer community and a host of extensions for every possible functionality
Magento usage stats support the fact that Magento is a popular choice for major ecommerce stores
- Magento is trusted by 250,000+ e-commerce websites globally
- Some of the premium companies using Magento are Burger King, Coca Cola, Ford, Nestle Nespresso and many more
- It has 70,000+ techie developers working worldwide
- It has captured approximately 26% of e-commerce software market share
All the benefits not withstanding, ecommerce merchants are sometimes hesitant to use Magento. It is a complex software and requires developer bandwidth coding expertise to get your store up and running. This is in contrast to a platform like WooCommerce. It is user friendly, even though it is nowhere near it in terms of scalability and robustness.
Using Magento doesn’t necessarily have to be complicated. Magento setup and installation is similar to any LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PhP) software. Moreover, many web hosts today provide one click installation service for popular scripts including Magento. However what it does require is good server specs. As it is quite resource intensive, your ordinary shared web hosting plan may not suffice.
Here is an infographic which provides a detailed step by step guide to building your own Magento store from scratch and also provides useful tips on maintaining, optimizing and marketing your Magento store.
Note: This is a Guest Post by Maulik Shah of Biztech IT Consultancy Pvt Ltd.